Wednesday 2 February 2011

New beginnings

Hey all, I just want to welcome you to my blog site. This very new to me so it may take me a while to get the hang of it, so please bare with me!!! lol

Wow can you believe we're in 2011 already!!!! shock horror, where are the years going? Well I hope this year is better than the last one. Lets just say 2010 wasn't as enlightening as i would've liked!!! anyways I'm feeling very excited about this year and I cant wait to make some positive changes. Every year I end up learning something different...whether it be learning to be less sensitive as a person, separating myself from certain things or people or even adapting to a healthier lifestyle. This year has already taught me about positivity and I am aware of my lack of it. Its crazy because people have given me books about this or I end up conversing with people and where ever I go or whatever I do, I keep on being lead back to positivity. I have been trying my hardest to interject this notion of positivity into my life, and let me tell you it has not been easy! but it is so worth it. Every time a negative thought pops into my head, I try and replace it with a positive one and the effects have been most beneficial. This may sound like a cliche, but if you look at things in a positive light then you will in fact positive things will come to you, and visa versa. 
For example I have only just had the confidence to take my writing further, although i have always been passionate about writing, my negative thoughts would always get the better of me and would never ever dream of pursing my dreams or even attempt writing these blogs. But ever since I have been meditating on positivity, I now have the confidence to fulfil my dreams and it feels grrreat! 
 Do you ever sometimes wonder why things in your life aren't going right? Or why you keep meeting the wrong man/ woman?.....well it could be because your thinking negatively and that's what your gonna attract remember like attracts like. Just try this year out differently. Try and be positive and see if things start working differently, I can assure you it will!!!!
There's an excellent book that I have been reading and its called 'You Can Heal Your Life' the author is Louise L.Hay and it basically talks about how negativity and stress can harm your body physically by causing illnesses and diseases. She has then developed ways and techniques in assisting people into a healthier and happier life, she also teaches the importance of being positive and shows the advantages this can have towards the path to a healthier mind and body. This book is amazing and can potentially change your life forever. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND IT!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well done for taking the first step. In some ways you remind me of myself when I was younger, though it can't possibly be the case since you get along great with my sister.
    I like your lifestyle change of thinking postively, though it is hard, especially during trying times. I like to remember that God never gives us more than we can bare, sometimes life gives us many trials. And it looks like yours have made you stronger. In regards to relationships, sometimes people just don't realise that they are attracted to the bad guys/girls. You start out with the idea that you can change them but in reality, they are who they are. And ultimately, you can only change yourself. Keep blogging! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Shermeen for your support and also encouragement. I feel so honoured that I remind you of yourself as i know that you are a great role model for me...and can i just say that i want aware that you studied creative writing at university wow!!! your just the person i need to speak to, as i am thinking about doing a creative writing course and i would love it if you could read more of my syuff and give me some pointers. That would be much appreciated. I love that quote 'God doesnt give us more than what we can bare' its one that i quote quite regularly and it is so true. I feel that i have indeed become stronger although i have a long way to go in becoming the person that God wants me to be but i now have confidenece that i will get there. It is so easy to give up on yourself and your dreams because you feel that you are not good enough but this is just what those hidden demons inside of you want you to think so you can live your life being unhappy but the moment you get up and start making things happen, is when you will see those changes developing in your life. I am all about beginning the change from within as your right, you can not change others so you might as well start with yourself. I will keep blogging babe thank you for reading it...i will keep in touch xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete